||School of Language and Communications Studies
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Public Relations
|Academic and Professional Designations
||PhD, English Literature
- ENGL72170: Studies in English Vocabulary, Diction, and Style
- COMM8080: Communication in the Public Sector
- COMM1085: College Reading and Writing Skills
- COMM1200: English II for Health Sciences
|Areas of Expertise & Interest
- Canadian Literature
- Literature and environment
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities
- Contributor to Canada: A Literary Tour (a virtual exhibit for Library and Archives Canada)
- Contributor to The Canadian Encyclopedia (Historica-Dominion Institute)
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications
- (2014) "Preserving 'the echoing rooms of yesterday': Al Purdy's A-frame and the Place of Writers' Houses in Canada" in Canadian Literature and Cultural Memory (Oxford UP).
- (2012) "Duncan's Folly: The Murchison House as Mock Ruin" in Canadian Literature 213.
- (2012) "Ghost Towns in the Making: Hugh Hood's 'The Village Inside' and Duncan Campbell Scott's In the Village of Viger" in Re-exploring Canadian Space / Redécouvrir l'espace canadien (Barkhuis).
||I enjoy teaching students from a wide variety of programs across the college. My academic research focuses on representations of abandoned space in Canadian writing, but am also interested in Canadian literary landmarks in the context of heritage tourism and public culture.