||School of Engineering & Information Technology
|| Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Systems Engineering
|Academic and Professional Designations
- PhD (Engineering)
- P.Eng (Ontario)
- ELCN71205 Electrical and Electronic Foundations
- IFME71240 Fluid Power and Mechanics
- MATH73210 Numerical Methods
- MATH71560 Calculus I
- CNTR73140 Microprocessor and Embedded Systems
|Areas of Expertise & Interest
- System Control and Automation
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities
- More than 18 years as a research engineer and senior scientist in the industry, research institutes and universities for system control and automation and numerical computations and computer simulations for process engineering.
- More than 10 years as a research engineer in industries and research institutes for hydroforming, sheet metal forming, analysis of stresses and strains for automotive components, tribology and development of a digital random vibration control system
- 5 years as an engineer in an institute for design of forming machines
- 17 years' experience teaching at universities and colleges
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications
- Development of computerized Testing System
Funded by NSERC to help Windtrans Systems Ltd. improve the pump design and manufacturing
Funded by ASP (Auto/Steel Partnership), USAMP (United States Automotive Materials Partnership), and Canadian Industrial Corporations for projects of development of a tube free expansion tester, corner fill tester, hydroforming prototype/presses research and tribology (lubricant tester)
- Sheet metal forming
Funded by AUDI Corp. in Germany. Development of an automatic grad anaysis system for analysis of stresses and strains on sheet automotive components.
 "Development of a Free Expansion Hydroforming Test System", Presented PMA's METALFORMING SYMPOSIUM
 "Computergestutzte Optimierung der Webfachgeometrie (Computer Aided Optimum of Weaving Process"), Journal of Melliand Textilbereichte, Germany.
 Verfahren zur Messung der Wehfach-Geometrie', Journal of INTERNATIONAL TEXT BULLETIN, Swiss.
||I have more than 30 years of working experience in system control, automation and mechanical engineering for industries, research institutes and universities.