Test Booking for Students
Test Booking Preparation
- Ensure your test accommodations are in place with your counsellor.
- New this Fall! Accommodation letters will be automatically sent to faculty the first day of each semester or when you change an accommodation. You can still choose to hand deliver the letters by request to your Accessibility Counsellor.
- Keep track of your test dates.
Booking a Test on the Accessibility Hub
Look for this new Accessibility Services Hub icon on the Student Portal or on MyConestoga.
- To book a test, go to the Student Portal
- Select Services – select Accessibility Services Testing and Appointments and follow the prompts to complete your test booking. Book all tests on the Accessibility Hub right away. All tests must be booked a minimum of 7 days (until midnight) in advance of the test date.
- Check that your test has been booked by looking at My Upcoming Events. You can do a print screen for reference purposes. You will be sent an email reminder to your College email before the test date.
- IMPORTANT: If faculty have not entered the test date in the Accessibility Hub:
- Send an email to your Faculty asking them to input the test date/time and copy (cc :) Accessibility Testing on the email.
- If the test is not in the system 14 days before your test date, contact Accessibility Testing. We will assist you with booking the test.
- Please book final exams two or more weeks in advance.
For more test booking assistance, visit the AT Lab.
For BSCN Students or Students Requesting an Alternate Test Date or Time
- Pick up a Test Booking Request form from Accessibility Testing.
- Complete the "Test Booking Request" form with your Faculty as soon as you are informed of the test.
- Your Faculty must fill out the "Test Format and Aids" sections and sign the form.
- Tear off the white copy of the form and give it to your Faculty.
- Sign and bring the yellow/pink copies to Accessibility Testing early or a minimum of 7 days before the test date.
Test Writing Rules
- Report to Accessibility Testing 15 minutes before the test is to begin.
- Bring only your One Card or any photo ID and your own testing supplies (i.e. pencils, pens, calculators).
- All electronic devices (including all watches and smart pens) must be turned off and left in your backpack in a specified area. Hats and coats must be removed and placed in backpacks.
- You will be escorted for Washroom or medical breaks. Time away from the test room will not be added to the finish time.
- If you require test clarification, you will be allowed one contact with your faculty. If they are not available, you will be asked to write up an explanation of the issue to submit with the test.
- You are allowed to bring a drink into the test area but must show the Invigilator. For extended tests, quiet snacks are allowed.
- If your teacher has requested you to be sequestered, you will be asked to remain in the test room until 30 minutes after the regularly scheduled test begins – regardless of what time you complete the test.
- Tests are monitored by security cameras, staff and/or a computer surveillance system.
- In the event of cheating, your test will end immediately. Your faculty will be notified and College policy will be implemented to address the issue.
- If you arrive late the completion time remains the same.
- Staff may ask to check pockets or clothing before entering the test area.