2017-2018 Laptop Requirements
Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science (Honours)
Students in this program are required to bring a laptop computer that meets specific minimum requirements to successfully complete the program.
- Operating System: Windows based computers will be supported as long as the minimum requirements are met
- Processor (CPU): Intel i5 processor with Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) or AMD equivalent
- Memory (RAM): 8 GB
- USB: USB 3.0 support is absolutely essential
- Network: Wireless Network Card
- LCD Panel: 15.4" or greater
- Mouse and keyboard: a wireless mouse, keyboard and protective keyboard case
- Antivirus: AVG Antivirus (free edition)
- Warranty: three or four year warranty (the college is not responsible for system repairs, replacement parts or maintenance)
- Power adapters and batteries: a spare power adapter and battery is useful
The college provides the following software for free:
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Publisher)
- Microsoft Visual Studios
- VMWare Workstation 10.0.
If you have any questions or concerns about the minimum system requirements please contact your program coordinator.