2017-2018 Laptop Requirements
Bachelor of Design (Honours)
All students entering the Bachelor of Design (BDes) (Co-op) must:
- have a laptop computer and camera that meet the minimum specified requirements
- own and maintain their laptop and camera.
The college provides registered students with wireless and hard-wired internet access, access to free software downloads, and access to several program-specific software applications while on campus. Studios for the BDes program are outfitted with large-screen monitors to facilitate classroom work. Additionally, open access computer labs with all required software are available for all students.
During the first week of the term, faculty will guide first-year students on how to download certain software products and how to access other products through the college IT system.
- MacBook Pro
- 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
- 16GB 2133MHz memory
- 512GB PCI e-based SSD
- Radeon Pro 450 with 2GB memory
- Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Force Touch trackpad
- Accessory Kit
- Backlit Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
- USBC Digital AV Multiport Adapter
- Microsoft Office (included in tuition)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (monthly subscription)
- AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Air/MacBook Pro 13”
- Students are responsible to back up their own computers.
- Projects that are late due to hard drive crashes or other computer problems will be graded a zero according to the School of Media+Design grading policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about the minimum system requirements please contact your program coordinator.