MacBook RequirementsAll students entering a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program must:
- have a laptop computer that meets the minimum specified requirements
- own and maintain their laptop
The college provides registered students with wireless and hard-wired Internet access, access to free software downloads, and access to several program-specific software applications while on campus. School of Creative Industries studios are outfitted with large-screen monitors to facilitate classroom work. Additionally, open access computer labs with all required software are available for all students.
During the first week of the term, faculty will guide first-year students on how to download certain software products and how to access other products through the college IT system.
- MacBook Pro
- 2.3GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz
- 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory
- Webcam functionality
- 1TB SSD storage
- 16-inch Retina display with True Tone
- Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Backlit Keyboard US English
- USBC AV Multiport Adapter
- macOS 10.14(Mojave) or macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Microsoft Office (included in tuition)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (monthly subscription)
- AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Air/MacBook Pro 13”
- Students are responsible to back up their own computers.
- Projects that are late due to hard drive crashes or other computer problems will be graded a zero according to the School of Creative Industries grading policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about the minimum system requirements, please contact your program coordinator.