Remote Learning - PC "Better"
Student success is important. To effectively participate in remote learning, you are required to have reliable Internet access and a device that meets the suggested requirements below.
During the first week of the program, students will be instructed on how to download certain software products and how to access other products through the college server.
- Reliable Internet access
- Microsoft Windows 10 or macOS 10.14 (or higher) with Parallels software
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or newer)
Minimum 8GB memory
Intel HD integrated graphics or equivalent
- 256 GB HD or greater (SSD highly recommended)
- Wireless Network adapter supporting IEEE 802.11g/n/ac
- 15" screen or greater (recommended resolution 1920x1080)
- 2 full size USB ports (USB 3.0 or better recommended)
- Virus protection software required
- Optional: 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 connection or a USB to Ethernet adapter
Software access and downloads
The college provides registered students access to free software downloads.
Available downloads for registered students:
To ensure the security and accessibility of your information in the event of a hardware failure, it is highly recommended that you save all work to your OneDrive provided through Office 365. This software is available for free to all registered students and 1TB of space is available on your OneDrive through your Conestoga student account.
This program has determined that a Windows-based PC is required. If you intend to use a Mac, you will be required to have your Mac laptop configured to run Windows-based software. There are two options that support this:
- Purchase and install Parallels Desktop for Mac (supported by IT Services, recommended)
- Parallels Desktop for Mac allows you to run Windows and MacOS applications at the same time without rebooting.
- Boot Camp allows you to boot into Windows or Mac OS. You will only be able to run one operating system at a time.