All Conestoga students, part-time and full-time, can tap into a wealth of experience and expert knowledge to develop a new business venture:
- Business Coach: Your personal business coach will help you to prepare a business plan that will set you on track for success.
- Entrepreneur in Residence: Entrepreneurs with years of valuable experience starting and running businesses will help you make connections with people and resources.
- Professional Advisors: Benefit from our network of professional advisors, including marketing, legal, financial and insurance experts.
- Market Research Tools: Access resources to explore ideas, prove concepts, and transform them into real opportunities.
- Mentor Network: Get connected with entrepreneurs and professionals from a wide range of business sectors.
- Applied Research and Commercialization: Creating a new product or process? Accelerate your development process.
- Conference and Meeting Facilities: Professional, well-equipped space for meeting clients, advisors, and investors. Video conferencing capabilities.
The Great-West Life New Enterprise Hotel provides awesome free space and resources to Conestoga students and recent graduates to kick-start business ventures.
- Open for business 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week.
- Access information resources provided by partners like Waterloo Region Small Business Centre and the Canadian Innovation Centre.
- Play in the Tech Sandbox – a collection of software, hardware and devices donated by corporate partners.
This dynamic learning lab is designed to promote interaction and engagement among entrepreneurial students.
- Cool, welcoming facilities, adaptable for a range of learning activities.
- Equipped with modern technology, including laptop computers (PC and Mac), over 50 HP computer tablets, a Smart TV, a DVP system, and video conferencing system.
- Mobile tables and chairs make it easy for students and facilitators to arrange the room for small group discussions, breakout sessions, and/or large seminars.
- All courses for the RBC Small Business Ventures Program operate in this facility.
Our International Business Advisor provides support for the following client groups:
- Students and alumni who are new to Canada and want to learn how to start a business here. (Learn about programs like Start up Visa.)
- Student and graduate enterprises ready to expand globally through international trade can learn how to access international agencies and information resources.
- International students who want to access financial services can meet with a Scotiabank financial expert.