Library and Information Technician
- Ontario College Diploma
- Program Code:
- Continuing Education
About the ProgramThis program has been designed to meet the needs of individuals already working in libraries or other information services who want to upgrade their qualifications.
Other applicants who can demonstrate the potential to successfully complete the program and secure employment as library and information technicians are also welcome.
A career in libraries or the information service industry demands a wide range of knowledge, skills and attitudes. Successful library and information technicians are service-oriented and able to:
- Demonstrate good spoken and written communication skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Pay close attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy in their work
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate good analytical skills
- Enjoy working with technology
- Work effectively as a member of a team
Through a carefully designed program of studies that combines theory and hands-on practice, you learn to acquire, organize, produce, retrieve and disseminate information in print and electronic formats. The program is equivalent to the two-year, full-time library and information technician programs offered at other community colleges, but the part-time distance education format enables you to learn without interrupting your current employment.
Contact InformationDebbie Richardson
519-748-5220 ext 2488