Our Academic Upgrading and Preparatory Programs provide you with the opportunity to:
- enter college without your grade 12
- prepare for college at college
- improve your written and verbal communication skills
- update your math, physics, biology and chemistry knowledge and skills
- earn your ACE Certificate (Academic and Career Entrance)
- prepare for a college posts-secondary program
- prepare for apprenticeship training
- prepare for the GED ( High School Equivalency Certificate)
- improve your workplace "Essential Skills"
Most programs and services are available full-time and part-time during the day as well as part-time in the evening through Continuing Education; and you can start any time.
For details on how our programs and services can support you in reaching your educational and training goal follow the links to the specific program or service:
Academic Upgrading and Academic and Career Entrance
The Academic Upgrading and Academic and Career Entrance – ACE programs provide you with the opportunity to:
- to complete required Grade 12 equivalent courses for college entry
- to improve your mathematics, communications, computer and science skills up to college-entry level and to achieve higher marks
ACE is also available through e-learning: ACE On-Line
Discover Your Future and Focus for Change
The Discover Your Future and Focus For Change programs provide you with an opportunity to:
- participate in academic and self assessment
- career exploration to develop realistic career goals
- create an action plan to achieve those goals
General Education Development (GED)
The GED Preparation courses prepare you to successfully write the GED Test. The “General Educational Development -(GED) is an Ontario High School Equivalent Certificate for adults who have been unable to complete high school. The GED certificate is recognized by the Ontario government and by other Canadian provinces for application to employment and to apply to a training or educational program.
Academic Upgrading Pre-test
The Academic Upgrading Pre-test results tell you how much academic upgrading you will need to prepare for writing the GED test or for skills training.
The Pre-Admission Test allows you to demonstrate that you have the required academic skills for the college program you wish to take if you do not have the required Grade 12 English, Mathematics and/or Science courses for the chosen program
Essential Skills are the skills needed for work, learning and life. They provide the foundation for learning all other skills and enable people to evolve with their jobs and adapt to workplace change.
For information about the programs and services available in your community contact:
Niki Lang, 519-748-5220 x3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. We have multiple locations
in the region.