Part-time Courses - Leadership in Long Term Care
Leadership in Long-term Care and Retirement Living
Focusing on essential leadership capabilities that are in demand for today's leaders, this 180-hour certificate program is for leaders and aspiring leaders, across all departments, at all levels of your organization. It meets the requirements for a program of instruction for Administrators in the Regulations under the Long-Term Care Homes Act.
- Integrates leadership and management capabilities
- Customized to your organization
- Learners build Personal Leadership Portfolios
- Delivered through a hybrid learning format (mixture of in-class and online)
- Interactive online learning resources
- Engaging webinars and videos
- Individual and group learning activities
- Expert speakers and case studies
Six core capabilities will guide your development of essential leadership skills
- Making wise choices
- Modelling your vision and mission
- Seizing opportunities to improve
- Thinking creatively
- Mobilizing and sustaining change
- Solving complex and ever-changing problems
- Prioritizing and balancing many demands
- Communicating, collaborating and connecting
- Mentoring self-directed work teams
- Inspiring and empowering for performance
- Fostering authentic relationships
- Focusing on the customer
This program can be adapted for leaders in home care, continuing care, specialized geriatric services and acute care settings.
Supported in part by funding from the Government of Ontario to the Schlegel Centre for Learning Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (CLRI).
For further information on course registration, please contact:
Regina Dryngiewicz, email@example.com, 519-748-5220 ext. 3635
For course information, please contact:
Mary-Lou van der Horst - firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-541-0656
Click on the course code or title below for a full description of the course. If available for registration, clicking on "Details" in the Status column will open a new browser tab or window in the Student Portal.
|Course #||Courses||Length (Hours)||Distance||Status|
|HEAL1940||Approaches to Leadership: Serving
Description: This course examines effective leadership approaches - Serving Leadership, Strengths-Based Leadership and Transformational Leadership. It explores the importance of trust in the workplace, and examines leadership behaviours that build trust and create effective working relationships.
|HEAL1930||Foundations and Philosophies: Aligning
Description: This course examines the concepts of Vision, Mission and Values, how they are used to define an organization, and how they can be put into practice. It also examines how organizational culture change can be achieved and a culture of resident centredness established. The characteristics of effective leadership and the difference between leadership and management are also explored.
|HEAL1970||Leadership Skills and Techniques - People: Connecting
Description: This course explores being an effective communicator, managing conflict, influencing others and gaining commitment. It also examines cultural diversity, the importance of cultural competence, effective decision making, and how to help teams work effectively.
Contacts for Leadership in Long Term Care.