Ceremony Schedule and Instructions
Winter Convocation for all campuses is held at Bingemans Conference Centre in Kitchener.
Instructions for all graduates
Arrival and location
Arrive at the registration desk to check in 90 minutes before your ceremony. After you register, please proceed to the gowning area.
Academic attire is provided by the college and consists of a knee-length gown (no cap/mortarboard).
Flowers, purses, cameras and other personal items should be left with a friend or family member. If this is not possible, a place is available in the gowning area to check such items.
The ceremony lasts approximately one and a half to two hours. The ceremony will be streamed live on the Internet for those unable to attend.
Guests or graduates with disabilities
Graduates may indicate requirements related to mobility, hearing or vision when registering through the Student Portal.
Seating is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to limit your guests to two, to avoid overcrowding.
Official academic documents
Documents are not distributed at the fall ceremonies. All graduates will receive their document by mail. Please ensure your current address is listed in the Student Portal.
Preparing for convocation
How to prepare for convocation
Ensure you have completed these steps a minimum of five weeks prior to your convocation to avoid disappointment on your special day. If you have any concerns, please email StudentRecords@conestogac.on.ca.
Step 1: Verify that your name and address are correct on the Student Portal
- Login to your portal and go to the 'Personal Info' tab. Your first name, middle initial and last name will be displayed on your registration card, your document and on the ceremony screen display. Contact StudentRecords@conestogac.on.ca at least five weeks before convocation if your name is not listed correctly on the portal.
- Ensure that your address is also correct. Your document will be mailed to you if you do not attend convocation.
Step 2: Verify that you are a graduate
- It is very important to verify that you have met the requirements of your program and eligible to graduate.
- Once all your final grades are posted, click the 'View Achievement Report' from the 'Grades' tab in your portal. If your status does not show as 'Graduate', select the 'View Progress Report' button from the 'My Courses' tab to see if there is anything outstanding. You may require the services of our Credit Transfer department or you may need to contact your coordinator to discuss any discrepancies.
Step 3: Ensure you don’t have any outstanding fees or fines on your account
- Check your 'Financial' tab to ensure you don’t have any holds or outstanding fees on your account. Even a parking ticket will prevent you from being able to pick up your document.
Step 4: Let us know if you are attending convocation
- Indicate your attendance through the 'Services' tab, 'Convocation' subtab in your portal.
What to expect during your ceremony
Convocation is a joyous time for graduates to celebrate with their family and friends. We expect all students to be respectful of their fellow graduates during the ceremony by staying in their seat, being quiet and refraining from cell phone use while the ceremony is in progress.
Follow these steps on the day of your convocation:
Step 1: Upon arrival, find the Graduate Check-in Desk
- Collect your registration card at the check-in desk. The lineups will be alphabetical, by last name. Please bring your ONE Card or photo ID.
Step 2: Gowning and Lineup
- You will be directed to the gowning area to be fitted with a gown and will be provided with assistance to find your line.
- Please leave personal items such as bags or jackets with your guests or at the coat check.
Step 3: Ceremony
- In addition to your name being read aloud as you cross the stage, your name, program and any award you have achieved (Honour List, Distinction, High Distinction, President’s Honour List) will be displayed on screen and on our livestream video. Ensure your name is spelled correctly in your Student Portal.
February 29, 2020, 10:00 a.m.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) (Accounting, Audit and Information Technology)
- Business - Finance
- Business - Marketing
- Business - Purchasing
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Supply Chain Management - Global
- Child Development Practitioner (Apprenticeship)
- Community and Social Service Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Human Services Foundation
- Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training
- Protection, Security and Investigation
HEALTH & LIFE SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science (Honours)
- Enhanced Nursing Practice - Clinical and Critical Care
- Enhanced Personal Support Worker - Acute Care
- Enhanced Personal Support Worker - Community-Based Care
- Enhanced Professional Practice - Gerontology and Chronic Illness
- Hearing Instrument Specialist
- Personal Support Worker
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates & Diplomas
- Respiratory Therapy
- RN - Perinatal Nursing
- RPN - Perinatal Nursing
HOSPITALITY & CULINARY ARTS
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Culinary Management
- Culinary Skills - Chef Training
- Food Service Worker
- Global Hospitality Management
February 29, 2020, 2:30 p.m.
APPLIED COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT
- Big Data Solution Architecture
- Computer Application Security
- Computer Applications Development
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Systems Technician
- Information Technology Network Security
- Information Technology Support Services
- Mobile Solutions Development
- Software Engineering Technician
- Software Quality Assurance and Test Engineering
- Administrative Business Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) - International Business Management
- Business Administration - Management
- Business Fundamentals
- Career Development Professional
- Global Business Management
- Health Office Administration
- Human Resources
- Human Resources Management
- Management Skills
- Medical Office Practices
- Municipal Law Clerk
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness
- Office Administration - Executive
- Office Administration - General
- Public Administration - Municipal Services
- Social Media Marketing
- Sustainable Business Management
- Teacher / Trainer of Adults
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronic Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Construction Engineering Technology - Architecture
- Construction Management
- Construction Project Management
- Embedded Systems Development
- Environmental Engineering Applications
- Food Processing Technician
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance - Food Processing
- Mechanical Engineering Technician - Automated Manufacturing
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Automated Manufacturing
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Design and Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Robotics and Automation
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology - Welding and Robotics
- Operations Leadership in Food Manufacturing
- Packaging Engineering Technician
- Welding and Fabrication Technician
- Wireless Network Infrastructure
- Woodworking Technician
- Woodworking Technology
TRADES AND APPRENTICESHIP
- Automotive Service Technician (Apprenticeship)
- Construction Techniques
- Electrical Engineering Technician - Industrial
- Electrician - Construction and Maintenance (Apprenticeship)
- General Carpenter (Apprenticeship)
- Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician
- Heavy Construction Equipment Operation
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) (Apprenticeship)
- Mechanical Technician - CNC
- Motive Power Fundamentals - Automotive Repair
- Motive Power Fundamentals - Motorcycle and Power Sport Vehicles
- Motive Power Fundamentals - Truck and Coach - International Technical Education
- Motive Power Techniques - Truck and Coach Repair
- Plumber (Apprenticeship)
- Truck and Coach Technician (Apprenticeship)
February 29, 2020, 6:30 p.m.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATIONS STUDIES
- General Arts and Science: ELS
- Teaching E.A.S.L.
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT, CONTINUING EDUCATION AND ONLINE LEARNING
- Applied Manufacturing Management
- Applied Network Infrastructure and System Administration
- Autism and Behavioural Science
- Building Environmental Systems Operator - Class I
- Construction Estimating
- Diabetes Education
- Health Care Administration and Service Management
- Information Technology Business Analysis - Operations
- Interior Decorating - Residential
- Library and Information Technician
- Office Administration - Veterinary
- Power Engineering Techniques
- Process Quality Engineering
- Programming with Visual Basic
- Quality Assurance
- Renewable Energy Techniques
- Web Design and Development