Coaching for Continuous Improvement (HRM0080)
Hone this essential communication skill to assist others to realize their full potential.
Coaching is an on-going communication process designed to help individuals develop skills and abilities, confidence and competence. Coaching is used to encourage continued good performance, to correct deviations between current observed performance and standards of performance and to know when and how to push good performance into the realm of exceptional performance. This one-day workshop will help participants develop others to maximize their personal and professional potential. It will address skills and abilities, confidence and competence and overall willingness to take responsibility for one's own destiny. Participants will understand the role of coach as mentor and recognize their own strengths and limitations in this role thus enhancing the quality of the working relationship with their staff.
- Ability to describe the elements of coaching relevant to the workplace
- Develop coaching skills to support the definition and communication of performance standards
- Build confidence by providing affirming and constructive feedback to facilitate learning
- Identification of opportunities for enhanced performance to meet changing needs
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Have responsibility for performance management of individuals and/or teams
- Aspire to become a manager/supervisor
- Have an interest in developing your coaching skills or play an important role within the performance management process (human resources)