Dealing With Difficult People (COMM0120)
Develop the confidence and skill to successfully deal with difficult people and situations.
This one-day workshop will help participants recognize the importance of dealing effectively with difficult people, whether they are co-workers, managers, customers, suppliers, members of the community, neighbours or even family. The skills of interpersonal effectiveness are the same and the continued practice of these skills will help develop confidence and competence in dealing with such people and situations.
- Ability to distinguish between truly "difficult" individuals and those who are simply "different"
- Apply behaviour flexibility to enhance effectiveness with those who are different in social expectations and communication style
- Describe key principles and apply strategies to effectively deal with difficult behaviour
- Develop protocol to manage an interaction demonstrating threatening behaviour
- Apply empathetic listening skills
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Are frustrated by difficult relationships (at work, home or within your personal network)
- Are a supervisor/manager leading teams who experience conflict and difficult relationships
- Have a personal interest in strengthening your interpersonal skills
Duration: 1 Day