Leading 5 Generations in the Workplace (COMM0160)
Learn to effectively lead those of different generations.
People are influenced by the times in which they came of age. This is the first time in history that businesses and organizations are experiencing the pressures and pleasures of having members of five generations all working at one time. Knowing what influences people's choices and preferences can reduce conflict, foster respect, create and support collaboration in order to improve efficiency. Participants will learn about the differences between generations in order to apply leadership techniques that will maximize the strength of employees no matter what generation they are from. Those who understand how to navigate these uncharted waters will enjoy more success and less stress.
- Describe the characteristics that define each generation
- Learn what influences people's choices and preferences
- Determine why differences within generations are greater than between generations and the implication to the work environment
- Gain techniques designed to avoid conflict and foster respect
- Create opportunity to collaborate for improved efficiency
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Lead/manage employees from multiple generations
- Provide coaching to those who lead others in the workplace
- Have an interest in understanding the differences among generations
Duration: 1 Day