QuickBooks Workshop (ACCT1290)
Learn the key modules necessary to operate Quickbooks for a small to medium-sized business.
During this two-day workshop, students will be introduced to the key modules necessary to operate Quickbooks for a small to medium-sized business. Lecture-format instruction will be coupled with hands-on application to provide an overview of the Quickbooks program. Topics to be covered in the condensed workshop format will include Software Installation and Creating a New Company; New Company Set-up for a Merchandising Business; Working with Inventory, Vendors, and Customers; Accounting Cycle and Year-End Procedures; and Transactions for the First Month of the New Year. This workshop is ideally designed for individuals who will be using QuickBooks on a daily basis or those who have recently begun to use QuickBooks and require further instruction regarding its applications. Students need to be familiar with Microsoft Windows and accounting/bookkeeping fundamentals.
- Create a new company file
- Navigate the user interface, internal controls, help resources, and customize user privileges
- Edit the chart of accounts, record and post bank transactions, complete bank reconciliations and print reports
- Record vendor and customer transactions for a retail business
- Complete end-of-year adjusting entries, print financial statements and close the fiscal year
- Record transactions for the beginning of a new fiscal yea
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Have begun or are currently using Quickbooks and seeking to learn the key modules necessary to operate Quickbooks for a small to medium-sized business
- Are familiar with Microsoft Windows and accounting bookkeeping fundamentals
Duration: 14 Hours