He (the instructor) explained & helped out where needed. Always giving a helping hand.
-Participant, Microsoft Word 2010
Transitioning into Leadership (MGMT0681)
Learn what great leaders do to influence and achieve results through others.
Moving up to a supervisor or manager can be exciting and, at the same time stressful. How do you establish your authority with people who have been peers? This seminar will help you transition from being the person doing the job to a leader who must supervise and coach others to do it (a whole different ball game!). Learn what great leaders do to influence and achieve results through others. Understand your strengths as a leader and how to adapt them in order to communicate effectively with different people. Apply a range of tools to ensure people understand what is expected of them and motivate them to go the extra mile to achieve work group or unit goals.
- Make a quick, effective transition to your new role
- Establish your authority and build credibility from the start
- Identify the role and perspective of a leader
- Utilize your strengths and learn to work with differences
- Describe tools to influence and achieve results through others
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Have recently or are about to advance to a position of supervisor or manager
Duration: 7 hours