This course allowed me to verbally express my thoughts, feelings and experiences. I was able to express myself without reservation that I will be judged by the way I speak. (The instructor) is a very good person to teach this course. Thank you!
-Participant, Essential Skills
What You Should Know Before Coaching Your Staff (MGMT0220)
Learn the challenges coaching-based managers might experience and how to overcome them.
Did you know coaching is the new MBA? Managers and Leaders today are not just expected to lead staff, but also to coach them towards success. Coaching staff can be a rich and rewarding experience. It can also have challenges and pitfalls. Many managers and executives take coaching training only to find it difficult to apply in their actual work place. This workshop explores why coaching and managing sometimes don't mix, the challenges coaching-based managers might experience and how to overcome them.
- Describe what coaching is and is not
- Develop basic coaching skills
- Identify concerns and issues around coaching staff
- Explore options and alternatives when coaching staff
- Demonstrate several strategies to overcome challenges
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Are a manager, team leader or equivalent
- Are interested in learning the challenges coachingbased managers might experience and how to overcome these challenges
Duration: 7 Hours