Good course. Good mix of practical and lecture.
-Participant, Microsoft Project 2007
English for Business: Communication for Participation, Listening and Speaking (ELS1510)
Develop techniques for effective verbal communication that will help you grow more confident in your ability to respond to workplace communication and express yourself clearly.
This course focuses on listening and speaking skills for participating in a variety of situations in a technical workplace. Participants will practice effective participation in meetings; and develop skills for orally reporting information about progress of projects, and for requesting information and clarification. Workplace culture and practices will be examined to develop confidence in understanding and interacting effectively at work. Speaking, listening, pronunciation, vocabulary usage, and grammar for developing fluency in oral communication will be practiced.
- Gain the skills needed to participate effectively in various workplace conversations.
- Give short presentations in work-related topics.
- Communicate your message for better results.
- Participate effectively in various workplace conversations.
- Give and receive instructions in a variety of workplace settings.
- Give short presentations on work-related topics.
- Give and receive feedback aurally/orally.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions in meetings.
- Develop and use a vocabulary of terms, phrases and idioms appropriate in a selected technology-related business environment.
- Develop and use knowledge of Canadian grammar and pronunciation norms to achieve listening and speaking communication goals.
- Use and interpret paralinguistic skills appropriately.
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Are a second-language speaker looking to improve your workplace communication skills
Duration: 24 hours