The instructor was very good. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere he fostered.
-Participant, Maximizing Your Productivity
Advanced Level PLC-5s/SLC 500s (CNTR1080)
Learn about the advanced features of the Allen-Bradley family of PLCs through hands-on practice.
This course introduces the user to the advanced features of the Allen-Bradley family of PLCs. The students will acquire the skills necessary to develop programs using: message instructions on the DH+, analog I/O modules and block transfer instructions. Sequential Function Charts and advanced file instructions. This course will also cover: configuring remote I/O racks and Data Base manipulation. There will be practical exercises for each topic and troubleshooting techniques will also be included. Hands-on practice will be emphasized.
- Implement programs using Copy, Fill and FAL instructions
- Apply Sequencers as machine controls and as diagnostic tools
- Configure a processor's communication channels to use the DH+ network
- Implement programs using Message instructions to communicate with other PLC on the DH+
- Configure the hardware settings to make an analog I/O card compatible with voltage or current signals
- Apply Block Transfer instructions for analog I/O cards on a PLC-5
- Recognize how analog I/O signals are used in typical industrial environments
- Set up PLC-5 system Dip switches for remote I/O operations
- Configure ASB card and rack to work with a PLC-5 as scanner
- Apply Sequential Function Charts to complex machine sequences
- Import and export the Data Base
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Are interested in learning about the advanced features of the Allen-Bradley family of PLCs through hands-on practice.
Duration: 40 Hours