Intermediate Level PLC-5s and/or SLC 500s (CNTR1190)
Receive an introduction to the Allen-Bradley PLC-5 family of processors.
This intermediate level PLC course introduces the participant to the Allen-Bradley PLC-5 family of processors. This course reinforces the student's knowledge of basic ladder instructions that applies to the SLC-500 and PLC-5 processors and presents more advanced instructions and programming concepts. Topics covered include indirect and indexed addressing, data and bit level handling instructions, code conversions and PLC communications with computers as programming terminals. Students will also learn to use drivers from RSLinx software. Hands-on practice will be emphasized.
- Compare PLC-5 and SLC-500 hardware
- Review number systems and analyze BCD code
- Relate the addresses of field devices connected to a PLC-5 with processor image tables
- Employ indirect and indexed addressing
- Implement programs using FRD and TOD instructions
- Use FIFO and LIFO instructions to track system data
- Apply Boolean functions with groups of bits
- Describe BSL and BSR instructions
- Select and configure communication drivers using RSLinx software
- Configure PLC software utilities
- Document PLC projects
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Are interested in an intermediate level PLC course introducing the Allen-Bradley PLC-5 family of processors.
Duration: 40 hours