I had a great time- meaning I learned a lot of great, valuable skills & tricks to do things better!
-Participant, Microsoft Word 2010
Introduction to PLCs (using Allen-Bradley PLC-5s) (CNTR1200)
For new users, receive an introduction to the Allen-Bradley PLC-5 family of processors.
This course introduces the new user to the Allen-Bradley SLC500 family of programmable controllers. It is intended for individuals who have very little or no experience with PLC control systems. Students will apply hands-on skills to augment the understanding of PLC hardware, software and process automation control using programmable controllers instead of hard wired control circuits. Hands-on practice will be emphasized.
- List the main components of a PLC system
- Identify SLC-500 hardware available to integrate a control system
- Recognize, open and configure the RSLogix500 graphic interface
- Define SLC-500 memory organization
- Explain number systems used with PLCs
- Identify I/O addressing format
- Describe and use the various processor modes and the key-switch position
- Apply editing rules
- Select and use offline and online editing
- Use relay type instructions in basic programs
- Implement programs using comparison instructions
- Apply program control instructions
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Have very little or no experience with PLC control systems
Duration: 40 hours