We were extremely fortunate to have our instructor. Her knowledge and credentials are outstanding and I learned much more than just the course material. Her teaching will stay with me for my personal use as well as any potential job.
-Participant, Food Safety
Multiskill Maintenance Hoisting and Rigging (MILL1270)
Gain familiarity with hoisting and rigging techniques, hardware, tools, devices, wire and fibre ropes.
Hoisting, Rigging and Crane operation allows a means of lifting and moving loads in a controlled and safe manner. These loads can be of any size; large, heavy and awkward. In this course students will gain familiarity with hoisting and rigging techniques, hardware, tools, devices, wire and fibre ropes. Students will comprehend the load calculations, hand signals and the responsibilities of hoisting, rigging, operating a crane or being in charge of the load.
- Comprehend the procedures and hazards of hoisting and rigging
- Determine load weights by calculation
- Explain the characteristics of fibre ropes
- Communicate the safe working load, care, storage and use of fibre ropes
- Explain several knots and hitches
- Demonstrate several knots and hitches
- Distinguish between the different slings and the load capacity in relationship to the slings angle
- Comprehend the variety of hardware used in rigging and hoisting
- Determine the centre of gravity of a given load
- Use blocking to support a lifted object
- Use rollers to move loads
- Comprehend the use of hoists, winches, come alongs and pendant cranes
- Discuss the basic types and configurations of cranes
- Explain the responsibilities when operating a crane
- Identify the hazard areas of a crane
- Demonstrate the international hand signals
- Explain the factors affecting cranes capacity
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Wish to become familiar with hoisting and rigging techniques, hardware, tools, devices, wire and fibre ropes.
Duration: 24 hours