PLC Fundamentals (using Unity Pro and Modicon) (CNTR1270)
Acquire the skills to develop a control application using the PLC Modicon 3400 and Unity Pro software.
In this course, the students will gain the skills necessary to develop a control application using the PLC Modicon 3400 and the Unity Pro software package. They will increase their knowledge and skills, from hardwired relay logic to a PLC control system. The course will cover PLC system concepts and definitions, selection and electrical connection of hardware and input / output (I/O) modules. Students will also learn the fundamentals of the Unity Pro software. They will apply and practice diverse techniques to configure a project; also to create, program, edit, simulate, download, test and troubleshoot a control application using Function Block and Ladder Logic languages through solving lab exercises.
- Describe the sequences to follow in order to integrate or troubleshoot a control application
- Explain differences between hardwired relay logic and PLC logic
- List the main components of a PLC and complementary devices of a control system
- Identify hardware available to integrate a new control application
- List the program languages covered by the standard IEC 61131-3
- Use the diverse elements of the Unity Pro graphic interface
- List the data types available in Unity Pro software
- Create variables associated to basic programming objects
- Create sections for FBD and LD logic programming
- Develop logic sequences with FBD and LD, using the Library Manager
- Build, verify and simulate an application program
- Download, test and debug an application program using animation techniques
- Document projects using Unity Pro software
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Wish to acquire the skills to develop a control application using the PLC Modicon 3400 and Unity Pro software.
Duration: 32 hours