The instructor was very good. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere he fostered.
-Participant, Maximizing Your Productivity
Technical Writing for Engineering and Technology (COMM0210)
Acquire the skills to draft effective and concise written communication for the Engineering and Technology environments.
This course is designed to provide participants with the necessary skills for drafting effective and concise written communications for the Engineering and Technology environments. Participants will be shown various communication techniques that can be applied towards workplace documents, such as memos, letters, reports and presentations. Practical applications and techniques to overcome communication barriers, writing and designing training materials and technical manuals, business Proposals (Bids) and Government Reports will also be covered. The course reviews the entire writing process, step-by-step!
- Define technical communications
- Explain effective sentences that are correct, clear and concise
- Review a letter or memorandum
- Identify technical correspondence
- Record notes, collect data and summarize
- Explain elements of a written report
- Discuss effective presentations
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Wish to acquire the skills to draft effective and concise written communication for the Engineering and Technology environments.
Duration: 8 hours