Distance Learning - Part-time Courses - Leadership in Long Term Care
Leadership in Long-term Care and Retirement Living
Focusing on essential leadership capabilities that are in demand for today's leaders, this 180-hour certificate program is for leaders and aspiring leaders, across all departments, at all levels of your organization. It meets the requirements for a program of instruction for Administrators in the Regulations under the Long-Term Care Homes Act.
- Integrates leadership and management capabilities
- Customized to your organization
- Learners build Personal Leadership Portfolios
- Delivered through a hybrid learning format (mixture of in-class and online)
- Interactive online learning resources
- Engaging webinars and videos
- Individual and group learning activities
- Expert speakers and case studies
Six core capabilities will guide your development of essential leadership skills
- Making wise choices
- Modelling your vision and mission
- Seizing opportunities to improve
- Thinking creatively
- Mobilizing and sustaining change
- Solving complex and ever-changing problems
- Prioritizing and balancing many demands
- Communicating, collaborating and connecting
- Mentoring self-directed work teams
- Inspiring and empowering for performance
- Fostering authentic relationships
- Focusing on the customer
This program can be adapted for leaders in home care, continuing care, specialized geriatric services and acute care settings.
Supported in part by funding from the Government of Ontario to the Schlegel Centre for Learning Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (CLRI).
For further information on course registration, please contact:
Regina Dryngiewicz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-748-5220 ext. 3635
For course information, please contact:
Mary-Lou van der Horst - email@example.com, 905-541-0656
Click on the course code or title below for a full description of the course. If available for registration, clicking on "Details" in the Status column will open a new browser tab or window in the Student Portal.
|HEAL1980||Leadership In Quality Improvement : Improving
Description: This course examines the importance of striving for continual quality improvement with a focus on innovation and using technology and organizational data effectively. It also focuses on the importance of continuous self-improvement, dealing effectively with stress, and celebrating individual and organizational success.
Program contacts for Leadership in Long Term Care.