How Do I Get Started?
Conestoga does NOT mail start-up packages to students. All information is
available online. Once registered, we will email you the start-up information.
Student accounts will be activated for the start of your course. You may not
start the course until the official start date. Courses run on average 10 -
14 weeks, depending on the course. Each OntarioLearn course has a scheduled
start and end date and will have a schedule of when assignments are due.
These courses are not continuous intake; however, some courses do offer a
Please arrange for the following prior to your course start date:
- Ensure that you have an Internet Service Provider.
- Arrange to purchase any needed texts or materials.
- Determine your user Login ID and your password. A guide is provided in the start-up information that is emailed to you.
- Login into your course as soon as you have access and review any available training material (online tutorial or manual) to familiarize yourself with your course system.
- Now you are ready to begin.
You will not have access to the course until the start date. When logging
into your course, go to www.ontariolearn.com and click on Log in. To access
your course, you will be required to enter a "Username/Login ID" and a "Password."
Make sure you read the information carefully and watch for announcements at this
website once you have entered the course.
OntarioLearn courses are delivered over various platforms/learning management systems.
Courses may have a different look than others that you may have taken in the past
or other courses you are currently registered in. If your course is hosted on the
FirstClass platform, you will be required to download and install software before
you can login to your course. Detailed instructions to download are available
online by clicking here: www.ontariolearn.com/fc_install.htm
If you plan to complete your course on your workplace computer, please check
with your IT department as some companies will have a firewall in place to prevent
downloads. If you encounter any technical difficulties accessing your course
after the start date, please contact Embanet Technical Support Help Desk at
1-800-695-5008 or visit www.ontariolearn.com/help. Technical assistance is
available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and is available to you for the
duration of your course.
Each login username is unique to the individual. Students registered at
Conestoga College will be using cg-(first 3 letters of first name)(last name up
to 9 letters). The username cannot be more than 15 characters total with no
hyphens, apostrophes or spaces in the name. The start-up information we email
to you will assist you in determining your username. For example: Julie O'Student
would be cg-julostudent
A generic password is assigned to each student. Your password is "newone"
every time you are registered into a new course. Upon your initial connection,
you will be required to change your "ePortal password." Please use your new
password for all subsequent login attempts within your course(s).
Please ensure that the email on your profile is correct. It is to this
email address that we will be sending the start-up information. The College
or instructor may need to contact you, therefore this information is important.
If course registrations are insufficient: the course will be cancelled,
students will be notified by the Registrar's Office and a full refund will
be issued. Cancellation decisions are made approximately 4 days prior to
the scheduled start date. It is important that students register at least
a week prior to the start date to ensure access to the course. The refund
deadline is 14 calendar days after the start date. NO REFUNDS will be
issued after this date.
Note: check the Student Portal at www.conestogac.on.ca for the deadline
to drop the course without academic penalty if you are unable to complete
the course after the refund deadline.
Unless otherwise stated, all textbooks are extra. Refer to the Course
Details for the book required for
your course and where to purchase it. There is also information if you
require specific software for your course.
If there is an exam to be written at the registering college, students
are required to come to the College to write their exam. Your instructor
will give you exam details. Please refer to "Exam Information" for
up-to-date exam schedules. You need to register for your final exam
through the website at least three weeks prior to the exam time by
clicking on "Book Your Personal Final Exam." The exam schedule will
be made available shortly after the courses start.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about registering for your exam.
Marks will take approximately 3 - 4 weeks to be processed after
the exam. They are posted on the College website
- click on Student Portal. You will require your student ID number and
date of birth for the initial login. If you have any problems accessing
the Student Portal, you may contact the Registrar's Office at 519-748-5220 ext. 3656.
Courses Available through OntarioLearn
Refer to Course Details for a current listing of courses available
through OntarioLearn at Conestoga College. Each course will include
information about fees, start dates and course information. There is
a link at the top of each course page to register online.
Important Notes to Remember
- You will be expected to login to your course a minimum of once per week after the course commencement date.
- For those registering within one week of course commencement please be aware that it may take 48 - 72 hours for your account to be activated after your registration is processed.
- Although your instructor may be from another college, you are registered at Conestoga College and must abide by our Academic Policies. Please contact our college for any issues or concerns other than the course content that only the instructor can answer.
- Keep a copy of the start-up information until the end of the course.
- Keep a copy of the course materials that you have submitted on the course site, as well as a copy of the course outline/syllabus and grades. You may need it for future reference if you wish to appeal your grade or need to transfer the course credit.