Hospitality and Tourism Management (Co-op)
Program DetailsCredential: 2-Year Ontario College Diploma
This program provides students with an overview of the hospitality and tourism industry, and entry-level management skills for a very diverse and integrated hospitality and tourism industry. Students will receive a broad base of business and entrepreneurial skills ensuring a strong understanding of financial, marketing and the human resources aspects of the industry.
Student AvailabilityConestoga College facilitates recruitment on an ongoing basis - there are no hard deadlines. Typical time frames for work terms are listed below.
Postings are accepted beginning four months before the start of a term until all students have secured employment provided the minimum 12 consecutive weeks of full-time work is met.
|Year||Fall (Sept. - Dec.)||Winter (Jan. - Apr.)||Spring/Summer (May - Aug.)|
|Year 1||Classes||Classes||Work Term|
|Year 2||Classes Oct. - Dec.||Classes|
Work Term Capabilities
- Apply general knowledge of the tourism industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing tourism destinations
- Apply tour and travel costing and planning
- Knowledge of niche tourism markets
- Apply presentation and team management skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of conference, business and tourism industry
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with front office software
- Apply cost control techniques for food, beverages and labour
- Provide excellent customer service in frontline tourism and hospitality environments
- Knowledge of purchasing, receiving, storage and inventory procedures
- Smart Serve certified
- Food Safety Certificate
Sample Job TitlesHospitality and Tourism Agent, Sales Assistant, Customer Service Agent, Marketing Support, Banquet and Conference Server, Management Trainee, Host/Hostess, Guest Services, Spa Concierge, Hotel Front Office Agent, Tour Reservation Agent
Program CoursesTo see a typical course list for this program, see the current program course information.
Wage DataConestoga College collects data on hourly wages of co-operative education students. See the Schedule and Wage Data for details.
Post a Co-op Job NowSetup an account or login to Conestoga's MyCareer to post a job.
Contact InformationDo you need help developing a recruitment plan or job posting, accessing wage information, or connecting with a talented co-op student? Contact:
Employer Relations Consultant
519-748-5220 ext. 2735