- What does Facilities Management do?
- Who can request a service?
- What is a Maintenance Request?
- What types of problems should be reported as maintenance requests requiring service?
- What is a Work Request?
- How do I submit a Work Request?
- What items should work requests be submitted for?
- How do I request a key
- What are the Facilities Management office hours and where is the office located?
- After normal working hours who do I contact in case of an emergency?
1. What does Facilities Management do?
Facilities Management provides services to the college’s physical environment in the following areas: facilities management administration, plant operations, grounds maintenance, parking and security; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating/air conditioning, housekeeping services, shipping/ receiving and courier, pest control, waste removal and recycling, door and lock problems, event set-ups, moving furniture, elevator maintenance, maintaining building documentation and drawings, project planning, and project coordination and delivery.
2. Who can request a service?
Any client may request services related to the physical environment of the college by contacting the Facilities Management Office at 519-748-4450 extension 3329, by walking in to the office room 2E21, or email Facilitiesmanagement_doon@conestogac.on.ca.
3. What is a Maintenance Request?
Maintenance requests are used by Facilities Management to instruct departmental staff to respond to facilities-related problems. There are two different types of maintenance calls: critical and non-critical. Response to the problem to evaluate and determine work process which may not necessarily mean immediately completing the work.
Facilities staff will handle each service request depending on priority as follows:
- Critical maintenance requests:
- Notification received verbally or on the phone
- Issue will immediately stop the academic process
- Issue will immediately endanger client safety
- Will immediately damage building/contents
- Non-critical maintenance requests:
- Received verbally, by phone or email
- Repair vs. new
- No additional supplies required
- Repairs by internal staff
4. What types of problems should be reported as maintenance requests requiring service?
- Room temperature problems
- Electrical outlets not working
- Leaky or non-operational taps, toilets, sinks, etc
- Cracking or broken windows
- Elevators not working
- Ceiling leak
- Door, key or lock repairs
- Minor furniture repairs
- Grounds related concerns such as sidewalk maintenance snow removal
5. What is a Work Request?
Work Requests are used by Physical Resources to instruct department staff to respond to non-facilities related requests from various departments. The request may be completed by any College department and authorized by that department’s signing authority.
6. How do I submit a Work Request?
Any client may submit a work request. All work requests must be approved by the Department Head and include a department account to be charged. Where do I find Work Request forms?
Work Request forms are available on the Facilities Management page of MyConestoga under the Forms and Documents sidebar in the General folder. Work Requests should be filled out online, saved, and e-mailed to the authorizing Chair/Manager for approval. Once authorized, the chair/manager can click the submit button at the bottom of the Work Request. An e-mail with the Work request will then be generated addressed to Facilities Management. At this point any attachments for the Work Request can be added.Once received, Facilities Management will generate an issue a tracking number to the submitter.
7. What items should work requests be submitted for?
- Installation of electrical outlets
- Moving and placement of new or stored furniture
- Hanging picture frames, shelving, hooks, etc
- Signage related to the department or program
- Sign board placement for events on campus
- Moving items to storage
- Changing locks and keys
- Minor renovations not requiring additional funding
8. How do I request a key?
A key request form is required for a key. It must be approved by your Chair or Manager. Please include the specific key required or the specific room(s) that you require entrance to. When completed, bring the form to the Facilities Management office in Room 2E21 at the Doon Campus or the Administration Offices at Guelph or Waterloo campuses for the assignment of keys. The hour for assignment of keys at the Doon campus is as follows: Tuesday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
9. What are the Facilities Management office hours and where is the office located?
The Facilities Management Office is located in room 2E21 at the Doon Campus. The office is open from 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, and can be reached by calling 519 748-5220, extension 3329.
10. After normal working hours who do I contact in case of an emergency?
Any after hour emergency or problem can be relayed through Security Services at 519-748-5220 ext 3357 who can contact the appropriate person through our emergency contact list.