Eligibility for OSAP
You may be eligible for OSAP if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person
- Ontario resident (have lived in Ontario for 12 months prior to commencing your post-secondary education). Please note that if you have lived in Canada for less than twelve months you may be eligible for OSAP under appeal.
- Enrolled in an OSAP-approved program.
- Maintained satisfactory academic progress
- Any previous government-issued student loans are in good standing
- Any previous loan overpayments or bursary overawards are cleared
You can submit multiple applications for different schools for the same study period. You cannot submit multiple applications for the same school. If you do end up applying to multiple schools, you will need to close the applications that you are not going to use as no funds will be issued until you only have one active account. You can close applications any time before funds are issued by logging on to your OSAP portal and closing the account yourself, or you can contact the Financial Aid Office and request the application be closed on your behalf.
If you are still unsure of what program you are interested in, contact the Conestoga College Career Centre to go over your options. Once you have narrowed your choices down to the programs in which you are most interested, you may contact the Financial Aid Office for the financial assistance details particular to each program.