Crown Ward Status
Current and Prospective Students with Crown Ward Status
Are you a youth with current or former Crown ward status interested in studying at Conestoga College?
Information you need to know:
- Your tuition is subsidized
- You can receive up to $6,000 per academic year to cover your tuition fees as follows:
- Up to 50% of your tuition fees to a maximum of $3,000 is available from the Ontario Access Grant, Ontario Access Grant for Crown Wards and/or 30% Off Ontario Tuition grant through OSAP for Full-Time Students.
- Conestoga College will cover the remaining 50% of your tuition (not including compulsory ancillary fees) up to $3000.
- You can receive aid from this program for up to four years of your postsecondary studies (or six years if you have a permanent disability).
- All students with former or current Crown ward status can accesses supports through the First Generation Student Initiative at Conestoga College
Application and Admissions Support
Not sure where to start? The Registrar's Office is here to help you! They can be reached by phone at 519-748-5220 ext. 3656. Application information can also be found here.
When starting the search for financial supports, it’s important to contact Student Financial Services for the most up-to-date information on the supports you qualify for.
The Ministry of Children and Youth Services introduced a $500/month Living and Learning Grant (LLG) to extend supports to youth leaving care between the ages of 21 and 25 who are enrolled in post-secondary studies. Students who apply for OSAP are considered automatically for this grant; alternatively, a paper application may be obtained from the OSAP website.
Crown Ward Education Championship Team
The Crown Ward Education Championship Team (CWECT) is a provincial initiative developed to support students with Crown ward status in successfully completing their high school and post-secondary education. The First Generation Student Success Advisor currently represents the College on the Waterloo-Wellington Crown Ward Education Championship Team.