- Ontario College Advanced Diploma
- College Code:
- Creative Industries
- Program Code:
- Accelerated Delivery:
- Academic Year:
- 2020 / 2021
Graphic Design portfolio requirements
The portfolio submission is a mandatory component of the admission process for the Graphic Design program.
When do I submit my portfolio?
Selected applicants will receive an invitation to attend a program information session which involves portfolio review. Through the presentation, the program faculty assess the applicant's attitudes, communication skills and aptitude for the program.
Domestic applicants must attend an in-person meeting; international applicants must attend an online meeting.
What should my portfolio include?
- Portfolios should include a maximum of 15 diverse pieces of your best creative work, plus 1 sketchbook.
- Some examples include:
- computer artwork (digital photo manipulations),
- drawings (charcoal, pastel, pencil, pencil crayon, etc.),
- layouts that combine text and images (posters, magazine covers/interior pages, year book layouts, etc.),
- lettering and typeface samples,
- logos and identities,
- paintings (oil, acrylic, watercolour),
- prints (block, etching, screen, lithography),
- technical drawings (perspectives, diagrams, floor plans, elevations, etc.), and
- When possible, faculty prefer to review original pieces and not reproductions or photographs of work.
- Sketchbooks typically contain your concept or process work, research, inspiration, loose sketches, etc.
|SEP, 2020||Kitchener - Doon||Open|
Program status for international students