Bachelor of Interior Design (Honours)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (Honours)
- College Code:
- Engineering & Information Technology
- Program Code:
- Accelerated Delivery:
- Academic Year:
- 2018 / 2019
Bachelor of Interior Design (BID) Portfolio Requirements
The portfolio submission is a mandatory component of the admission process for the BID program.
- Domestic applicants submit their application through ontariocolleges.ca. International applicants apply online.
- Conestoga will confirm receipt of your application and provide you with a Conestoga student number. This student number is required in all communication with Conestoga College.
Admissible applicants are invited to submit a portfolio as part of the admission process. The portfolio may be submitted in one of two ways.
- Digital Portfolio may be posted on the web. Send an email with the website address (i.e., URL) to BIDportfolio@conestogac.on.ca. Do not email the portfolio.
- Hard-copy Portfolio may be mailed in a 9"x12" envelope to:
BID Portfolio Submission c/o Sarah TurnerConestoga College850 Fountain Street SouthCambridge, Ontario N3H 0A8
Make sure to staple pages in the upper left-hand corner. Do not bind the pages.
Portfolios are reviewed in order of date of receipt. An offer of admission is not possible until a portfolio has been received and reviewed. In order to be considered for an offer at the earliest opportunity, applicants are encouraged to submit a portfolio as soon as possible. Note that offers of admission start going out as of February 1, 2018.
After reviewing the contents of this document, please email questions regarding the portfolio to Sarah Turner, the program coordinator: email@example.com.
There are three components that need to be submitted.
- Portfolio Cover Sheet (including declaration of ownership)
- Graphical Content
- Written Content
1. Portfolio Cover Sheet
- Your Name
- Your Conestoga Student Number
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Date of Submission
- The following declaration of ownership:
"I declare that the contents of this portfolio are my own work. I understand that any misrepresentation of material as my own will result in rejection of my application to Conestoga College's Bachelor of Interior Design program."
2. Graphical Content
You are required to submit 5 - 10 pieces of your own work.
Portfolios will not be returned. Photographs, quality photocopies or scans are acceptable. All pieces must be formatted at 8 1/2" x 11" for both hard copy and digital submissions.
5-10 pieces of the applicant's own work are to be submitted.
Portfolios will be evaluated based on the applicant's ability to effectively communicate visually. The following mandatory items must be included in the portfolio submission:
- A freehand drawing of an interior space to include an architectural element.
- A freehand drawing of a collection of items (min. 3 items).
The selection of the remaining 3 - 8 pieces for the portfolio is at the discretion of the applicant. Consideration of pieces that best reflect the skills that will support the application to the BID program should be given in the selection of these. These may include (but are not limited to):
- 2D and 3D Drawings, sketches, posters, graphics, etc.
- Artwork demonstrating use of colour (at least one piece in colour pencils, water colour, markers etc...)
- Design work (including pieces that were designed at school or individually)
- 3D Object (photographs of an object that were designed/created by applicant)
- Architectural drafting (hand or computer generated, max. 1 item)
- Any other work that may support the application.
For each piece of work, identify the media used and include a brief description of the work.
3. Written Content
A 250- 500 word essay to demonstrate writing style and quality.
My Perspective on the Interior Design Industry
The Reason I Am Interested in Interior Design