Welcome to the International Education Office at Conestoga!Changes to Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration International Student Program (Effective June 1, 2014)
Conestoga is one of Canada's leading polytechnic institutes, consistently ranked among the very best colleges in the province of Ontario for graduate employment as well as student, graduate and employer satisfaction.
Our highly rated college provides international students with all of the skills and opportunities needed to gain professionally recognized credentials which can lead to exciting professions in Canada.
We offer a welcoming, inclusive and respectful environment that celebrates cultural and ethnic diversity.
Why Choose Conestoga?
Here are 10 great reasons...
- It is one of Ontario's fastest growing colleges, with enrolment growth of more than 42 per cent over the last five years
- Consistently ranked among the very best of Ontario's colleges for graduate employment as well as student, graduate and employer satisfaction
- More than 120 full-time certificate, diploma, degree and post-graduate programs, many with co-op options
- You're among friends with more than 1600 international students from 77 countries in an overall full-time student population of 11,000
- New educational facilities that provide state-of-the-art training in a variety of in-demand fields
- Career-focused education that provides theoretical and hands-on training for professional success
- Bridging programs and university agreements that provide opportunities to earn multiple credentials - degrees and diplomas
- Dedicated services to ensure smooth and successful transitions and provide ongoing academic and social support throughout your studies
- Welcoming, inclusive, respectful environment that celebrates cultural and ethnic diversity
- World-class arts and culture, a booming high-tech industry, renowned academic institutions and easy access to sports and leisure facilities as well as some of Canada's most beautiful natural landscapes
STUDY. WORK. LIVE.
There's a place for you at Conestoga.
Changes to Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration International Student Program (Effective June 1, 2014)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has made changes to the International Student Program, which will take effect from June 1, 2014. Please refer to the CIC website to see how the changes impact you.
Study permit applicants must record the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number on their study permit applications AFTER June 1, 2014.
Conestoga College Designated Learning Institution (DLI) Number is: O19376158572
(Please note that the first character is a capital O and not a zero.)
The new rules come into force on June 1, 2014. The rules will:
- Limit the issuance of study permits to applicants who will be studying at a designated learning institute
- Require students to actively pursue their studies while in Canada and to inform CIC through my CIC if transferring to a new institution.
- Allow full-time international students enrolled at designated institutions in certain programs to work part-time off campus and full-time during scheduled school breaks without a work permit.
Read the full text of the new regulations. If you have any questions about these changes, please call CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.