Welcome to the School of Language and Communications Studies
Effective language and communication skills are tremendously important in today’s global economy. Clear communication is an Essential Employability Skill vital to the effectiveness of every workplace whether you are entering the field of business, health care, community services, engineering, technology or the trades.
Conestoga offers a series of communications courses ranging from academic writing to professional writing and presentation skills to provide you with the skills required for success in your post-secondary programs and in the workplace.
The School of Language and Communications Studies also offers English as a second language and foreign language programming through the Conestoga Language Institute. These programs will help you build your skills if English is your second language or if you want to learn a foreign language for personal, work or academic reasons.
Programs offered through The Conestoga Language Institute:
- A four-semester English for Academic Studies program to prepare you for College or University studies.
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) -- all LINC levels at three sites in Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo.
- Occupation Specific Language Training (OSLT) -Workplace-specific programs to combine English competency with specialized proficiency in work-related culture and language.
- Courses or programs in a wide variety of languages, including French, German, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin.
- A professional, post-degree certificate program in Teaching English as a Second Language that prepares you to teach ESL to adults in a variety of settings.
I invite you to explore the program web pages to learn more about programming offered through the School of Language and Communications Studies. To find out more about a particular program, contact a program coordinator directly.
Dean, School of Language and Communications Studies
Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning