Remember to check your registered email regularly for Library notices, this includes due date/renewal reminders.
Full-time students, faculty and staff are required to present their valid ONE Card for all Circulation and Reserve transactions. Part-time Conestoga students, faculty and staff without a ONE Card are required to present a Conestoga Library card or Conestoga Student ID card.
Loan Periods: Items from the General Collection can be borrowed for a period of two (2) weeks, unless otherwise marked. Items may be renewed for two additional loan periods. See the Renewal page for more details.
Item Limits: There is a limit of two items per call number.
Loan Periods Over Weekends: During the academic year, the Library is open on weekends and therefore items due on a Saturday or Sunday are to be returned on the assigned due date.
Periodicals: All print magazines and journals can be signed out from both the Doon and Cambridge locations. The loan period for these items is one day, with up to two renewals permitted on each item.
Short-Term Loan: Non-circulating items (such as items marked “Library Use Only”) can be signed out for short-term loan. Short-term loans are available to all Conestoga students, faculty and staff based on the following criteria:
- Student/faculty classroom demonstration or use
- For student discussion with faculty
- For student colour photocopying in CSI, departmental copying or scanning for students in Graphics, and photocopying by faculty/staff
- For use in Disability Services
Most reserve items are "LRC use only" (unless otherwise specified), and are available for a two-hour loan. There is a limit of two reserve items at a time per person with no renewals and no holds permitted. Full-time students need to have a ONE Card for ALL Reserve transactions, part-time students need to have a Conestoga Library card or Conestoga Student ID card.
Direct Borrowing Agreement
College staff, faculty and students may borrow in-person from any Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology Library with the following provisions:
- Each borrower is responsible for the safe return or replacement of material borrowed or for any charges incurred.
- Only circulating material as defined by the lending library may be borrowed.
- Only college staff, faculty and students who are currently employed or registered are eligible to request a Direct Borrower's card.
For more information on the policy and procedures, check out the full Direct Borrowing Agreement (PDF).