Online Reserves Request Form | Printable Reserves Form
Deadline for Faculty submitting Reserves for Spring/Summer 2013 is May 6th.
Placing items on reserve allows maximum accessibility to library materials for current curriculum support.
Conestoga’s Reserves service is compliant with the Access Copyright Interim Tariff and the Fair Dealing Policy.
What can be placed on Reserve?
- Personal or Library books
- Textbooks may be placed on Reserve, but the use of Reserves must not be the substitute for the purchase of required books or other required published materials intended for a course
- A photocopy of up to 10% of a published work
- Original Files, Drawings, Government Documents, Standards, and CDs
For more details, see Copyright for Faculty: Course Reserves
Note: The following materials are not accepted for Reserve:
- Instructor’s manuals
- Business cases
How to put an item on Reserve
- Submit a reserve list by completing an Online Reserve Request Form to allow for processing. (Note: Items submitted after the deadline might experience a delay in processing.)
- Reserve items will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- A notice will be sent at semester end advising faculty to pick up their removed reserve items (e.g., books) from the LRC. In compliance with the Fair Dealing Policy, the LRC is required to destroy reproductions of readings on Reserve.
Note: Maximum of 3 copies of an item can be placed on Reserve per course.
Is your material available electronically? You may consider adding reserve articles to your Angel
page. Contact your Program Liaison
for more information.
What are the loan periods for Reserve items?
Loan periods are determined by faculty in consultation with Library staff. You have the choice of:
- 2 hours (IN LIBRARY USE ONLY)
- 1 day
How do students access Reserve items?
Students can borrow the material at the Library Resource Centre Public Service Desk with their current Conestoga College ID card.