Research Support Fund (RSF)
The Government of Canada’s Research Support Fund (which has replaced the Federal Indirect Cost Program) assists Canadian post-secondary institutions with the costs associated with managing their research enterprise, helping them to maintain a world-class research environment. Grants can be used to:
- Maintain modern labs and equipment
- Provide access to up-to-date knowledge resources
- Provide research management and administrative support
- Meet regulatory and ethical standards
- Transfer knowledge from academia to the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors
Every year, the federal government invests in research excellence in the areas of health sciences, engineering, natural sciences, social sciences and humanities through its three granting agencies – Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
The Research Support Fund reinforces this research investment by helping institutions ensure that their federally funded research projects are conducted in world-class facilities with the best equipment and administrative support available. They do this by providing support for indirect costs associated with the research projects that may not be covered through other funding.
Conestoga College is an eligible recipient for support through the Research Support Fund. This funding is allocated to cover the indirect costs of research projects.
Such costs include:
- Human Resources, including hiring, mentoring, and professional development
- Finance, Accounting and Purchasing for project control and reporting
- Applied Research project support, including Research Ethics Board administration
- Facilities Management including maintenance, security, capital planning, insurance and utilities
- IT support for research projects, including infrastructure and support
For more information about the Research Support Fund, visit: http://www.rsf-fsr.gc.ca/about-au_sujet/index-eng.aspx