Moving In Checklist
What to bring:
- Bed linens (suitable for a double-width, queen-length bed)
- Blankets, comforter, pillows
- Towels – bath, face, dish, etc.
- Laundry soap & fabric softener/dryer sheets
- Toilet paper
- Shower curtain
- Personal hygiene items
- Coffee maker
- Kettle, Toaster Oven, Foreman Grill, Electric Skillet, Induction Grill
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Books, pens, pencils, ruler, stapler, 3-hole punch, tape or any other stationary supplies you need
Please note: hot plates and open heat sources are not permitted.
Only CSA approved electrical appliances with automatic shut off feature are allowed in the residence (such as kettles, toaster ovens, irons). Only refrigerators and freezers provided by the residence will be allowed in the suites.
What not to bring:
- A moving truck, trailers, or extra furniture - Your residence room is furnished. Do not bring any extra furniture. One small shelving unit is permitted as well as a task chair for your bedroom.
- Anything which can alter the condition of your room (examples: wall decals, nails etc.). You may only use white stick-tac to hang posters
- Hot plates, deep fryer or any cooking appliance with an open heat element
- Bed risers (residence beds are already raised as high as is safe for under-bed storage)
- Halogen Lamps, candles or incense
- Single serve glass alcohol containers
- Pets (including fish)
- Subwoofers and amps
- Fridges or freezers
- Wireless routers
- Large volume alcohol containers such as mini-kegs, kegs, bubbas, funnels, beer-pong tables or any other high risk drinking paraphernalia
- Pipes, hookahs, bongs, rolling paper or other smoking paraphernalia
- Any television larger than 40”. Each bedroom comes with a television. If you wish to bring an additional television you may do so as long as it is not larger than 40".
Please note: If you arrive to the residence with any of these items you will not be permitted to move-in.
If you have any concerns regarding the list of do not bring items, please contact the residence in advance at 519-895-2272 or firstname.lastname@example.org