How to respond to emergency situations EMERGENCY GUIDE

Off-campus assault

If you have experienced sexual violence off-campus

Go to a safe place

Get medical attention as needed

Go to your local hospital emergency department.

Seek out support and counselling

For immediate support by telephone, contact one of the services in your community.

Get advice on available options for reporting

Conestoga’s Safety and Security Services and Counselling Services can help you file a formal complaint. If the alleged perpetrator is another member of the college community, you may file a complaint under this policy with Human Resources.

Individuals who have experienced sexual violence may also wish to press charges under the Criminal Code. Security Services and Counselling Services can also help you contact local police should you prefer not contacting the police directly.

More information on filing a complaint can be found at: Security Services ext. 5555.