What’s on the Web and in Your Community!
All the links listed below are links that are aimed at assisting people in finding helpful resources. Some of the resources listed will use acronyms other than GLBTQ; this is due to the preference of the agency or service. However, the meaning is consistent.
Coming Out Information
- Sexuality And U: A comprehensive website committed to providing credible and up-to-date information and education on sexual health.
- OK2BME.ca: Provides support services for LGBTQ kids and teens in Waterloo Region. It is run by K-W Counselling Services and Family and Children Services of the Waterloo Region.
- Tri-Pride: The annual LGBTQ pride celebration in Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo. The website includes local events as well as a listing of safe space areas around Waterloo Region.
- GLOW: The longest-running LGBTQ organization in Canada. They are located at the University of Waterloo. They offer many services to the LGBTQ community including a peer-support phone line (519-888-GLOW).
- GLOW Links: This page also provides a detailed list of other links related to other Canadian Queer University Groups, Coming Out Information, Community Groups, and more resources.
- Rainbow Centre: Located at Wilfrid Laurier University, it is a safe and supportive space for all people. They advocate for and provide awareness about the LGBTQ community, while acting as a social outlet and resource centre.
- Give a Damn Campaign: For everybody who cares about gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. It is supported by well-known celebrities to bring awareness to some of the issues GLBTQ people face.
- GLAAD: (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) is dedicated to promoting and ensuring fair, accurate and inclusive representation of people and events in the media as a means of eliminating homophobia and discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.
- GLBTQ: The world’s largest encyclopedia of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer culture.
If you would like to report any broken links, add, or comment please contact Ryan Connell, Student Life Programmer.