- Learning must be measurable
- Learning must have both a theoretical and applied component
- Learning must be at college level
- Learning must bear significant relationship to the individuals’ educational goals
- Learning must satisfy the current course objectives using the primary methods of assessment:
Credits are granted on a course by course basis.
The maximum number of credits allowed through transfer of credits/exemptions and credits obtained through PLAR is 75% of the program credits. Therefore, at least 25% of the program must be taken under the direct supervision of Conestoga faculty.
Only one attempt per course is available through PLAR. A failed attempt would require that the student take the course
- Challenge Exam
- Portfolio Development
*NOTE: An exam is the only method available to receive credit for a computer course. Portfolios are not acceptable.