Academic Upgrading is a tuition-free program that prepares you for further college learning, apprenticeship or employment.
Academic Upgrading is available to individuals:
- who don't have a secondary school diploma
- whose high school grades are too low for college or apprenticeship programs
- who completed secondary school some time ago and need to refresh their skills
- who need to prepare to write the GED test
- Learn in an adult atmosphere
- Flexible schedule lets you learn at your own pace and around your busy life
- Study during the day, evening or online through Distance Learning
- Subsidies may be available to eligible students for transportation and childcare
- 19 years of age or older
- Resident of Ontario
- Provide documentation of completed Canadian Benchmark level (CLB) 7 or higher if English is not your first language
Academic Upgrading course availability
- Self-directed study: work at your own pace, receive in-class instructor support and start at any time.
- Teacher-led study: start and end at set dates, be taught by an instructor and attend all classes.
- Available in Brantford, Cambridge - Downtown, Kitchener - Downtown, Guelph, Stratford, and Waterloo.
Personal Tools for Success
Strategies for Success
For more information, please complete the online form above or email email@example.com
This Employment Ontario project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.