Employees of Conestoga
All employees will complete AODA Customer Service Standard training that includes information on:
- The Accessibility Standard for Customer Service and how it will help welcome students with disabilities
- How to assist students with different kinds of disabilities
- How to help students who use assistive devices, like wheelchairs
- How to welcome students who use service animals, such as guide dogs
- What a support person does and how to help students who are accompanied by a support person
- What to do when a student with a disability needs help accessing goods and services
Training is provided at the time of hiring and on an ongoing basis.
Further information is available on our website regarding Accessible communications.
Employees of Conestoga and qualified job applicants selected for an interview are eligible for accommodation if they require it.
Employees with disabilities who require accommodation should submit a written request to their supervisor. This request should include documentation reflecting the nature of the request, medical grounds for the request, and any other appropriate supporting information.
More detailed information on the process is contained in the Accommodation for employees with disabilities procedure.