General Withdrawal and Refund Information
It is the student's responsibility to become familiar with the policies and procedures which outline course and program fee withdrawals and refunds.
Important: Not attending classes or notifying only your professor or program coordinator of your intent to withdraw are NOT acceptable methods for formally withdrawing from a class or program.
For students who are considering a program or course withdrawal, we strongly advise that the student consult their program coordinator, in addition to consulting with the records officer in the Office of the Registrar. OSAP recipients should check with a student financial aid officer, as withdrawing may affect their current or future OSAP status. If students withdraw after the refund date, they are responsible for any outstanding fees and for repayment of funds to OSAP, if applicable. International students should consult with the International Office, as withdrawing may affect their status in Canada.
Program withdrawals must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar on or before the tenth official day of the session by submitting a completed Program Withdrawal Form. A student may not withdraw from their program by dropping courses. There are no refunds after the tenth official day of the start of the term and students are liable for payment of outstanding fees. There are no exceptions to the refund policy for students who register late. Full-time program fees are a package cost and dropping a course(s) does not qualify for a refund if a student remains in full-time status (this includes students approved for transfer credits). Unused student contact hours are not transferable from one semester to another.
Please note that a $500 ($1,500 for international students) withdrawal fee is automatically withheld once payment is made. Late fees are non-refundable. Refunds will be processed using the same method that the original payment was made. Refund of fees originally paid by wire transfer, web banking and debit card will be issued by cheque. Refunds for students that received OSAP may be forwarded to OSAP through the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC).
Refunds and withdrawals
Important: Refunds will not be issued for a credit balance for students who are enrolled in a future sessions with outstanding fees. Credit balances will be applied to outstanding fees regardless of the due date.
Refunds will not be issued for a credit balance for students who are enrolled in a future sessions with outstanding fees. Credit balances will be applied to outstanding balances.
- For international students, please email email@example.com.
- For OSAP recipients, the applicable refund will be directed to the National Student Loans Service Centre to reduce indebtedness. OSAP students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the impact of a withdrawal on their OSAP status.
- For sponsored students, the applicable refund will be directed to the sponsoring agency.
Students withdrawing from non-semestered certificate and preparatory programs receive tuition refunds prorated according to the weekly rate less the non-refundable $500 fee noted above.
International student refunds and withdrawals
Withdrawal within 10 business days of the beginning of a semester or the beginning of the period for which the student paid fees in the case of a non-semester or continuous intake program of instruction, the student shall receive:
- a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the semester less a $200 administrative fee if withdrawal is made prior to the non-refundable deposit due date.
- a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the semester or program less the non-refundable deposit if withdrawal is made after the deposit due date or if withdrawal is made after a deferral admission had been given.
- a refund in full of any tuition and ancillary fees paid in advance for subsequent semesters.
- a refund in full of any fees paid in advance for subsequent semesters. This also applies to students who do not register on a semester basis.
Should your visa be rejected by the Canadian Embassy, your full tuition will be refunded less the $200 college administration fee.
A copy of the Official Refusal Letter from the Canadian Embassy must be scanned and sent to the International Office by email as soon as possible.
Refunds are payable to the student only. The college will not issue a refund to a third party.
For refund information, including follow-up and refund processing inquiries, please contact email@example.com.