|Name||Dr. Ramesh Bikram Karky|
|School ||School of Business|
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting, Audit, and Information Technology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business Administration - International Business Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Early Learning Program Development (Honours)
- Bachelor of Public Relations (Honours)
|Academic and Professional Designations|
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Law (Canada)
- SJD, Law (USA) and LLM (Brussels)
- International Expert Consultant
- BUS8330 - Global Trade Law
- LAW72200 - Business Law
- LAW73100 - Media Ethics and Law
- LAW74020 - Media and Communications Law
|Areas of Expertise & Interest|
- Business Law
- International Business Law
- Intellectual Property Rights Law
- International Trade Law
|Industry Experience, Professional Currency Activities|
- For more than a decade, served as an Expert Consultant on the Commonwealth Secretariat and UNDP, UNCTAD, and USAID-funded programs, and provided advisory and technical assistance services to governments in many jurisdictions.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Law at Western University, London, ON (2010-2013)
- Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nepal
|Major Research Projects, Scholarly Activities, and/or Publications || Publications:
- Disharmonization in the Regulation of Transgenic Plants in Europe, Biotechnology Law Report, Vol 38, Number 6, pp. 1-26 (2019) (co-author, forthcoming).
- Bioinformatics Innovations and Patent Eligibility, The Journal of World Intellectual Property, Vol. 21, Issue 3-4, pp. 140-156 (2018).
Nepalese Education System: Tunnel Vision vs. Dogma Free Education at the University of Toronto, Canada, July 7, 2018.
- Fellow of the Vrije Universiteit Brussels
|Additional Information||Ramesh likes meeting people, hiking, playing games, and going to the gym. He is also an international development worker and interested in learning international politics, development, peace, human rights, the justice system, the rule of law, etc.|