Windows PC/Laptop Requirements - 'Better' Model
All students entering a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program must:
- have a laptop computer that meets the minimum specified requirements
- own and maintain their laptops
- bring their laptops on the first day of classes.
During the first week of the program, students will be instructed on how to download certain software products and how to access other products through the college server.
- Microsoft Windows 10
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor or equivalent
- Minimum 8GB memory
- Intel HD integrated graphics or equivalent
- 256 GB HD or greater (SSD highly recommended)
- Wireless Network adapter supporting IEEE 802.11g/n/ac
- 15" screen or greater (recommended resolution 1920x1080)
- 2 full size USB ports (USB 3.0 or better recommended)
- A multi-year (3- or 4-year) warranty
- Virus protection software required
- Optional: 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 connection or a USB to Ethernet adapter
The college provides registered students with wireless and hardwired internet access, access to free software downloads, and server- based access to several program-specific software applications while on campus.
Software Access and Downloads
Available downloads for registered students:
- Each student is responsible for any downtime associated with their device. Losing information can be highly problematic and your primary recourse is only through the hardware provider. It is highly recommended that students purchase a multi-year warranty.