I liked how (the instructor) encouraged discussions, team work & relevance to our environment.
-Participant, Maximizing Your Productivity
Industrial Crane Safety 1-8 TON (2011-2012) (MOTV1490)
Learn about the safe operation of a Crane in an industrial environment.
This course is designed to provide awareness of the safe operation of a Crane in an industrial environment. Participants will be introduced to pre-inspection, operating, lifting and moving loads in a controlled and safe manner. This course will also provide the basic knowledge required to work safely in areas exposed to rigging hazards, as well as load control and operating around others. A review of legislative requirements, OHSA and CSA standards, will also be discussed.
- Recognize and discuss the importance of due diligence requirements
- State the legal requirements concerning the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations including CSA and standards that apply to cranes
- Recognize the need for personal responsibilities in the workplace, and demonstrate the use of equipment appropriate to the work environment
- Describe responsibilities for conducting daily Equipment Inspections and demonstrate safe practices in the workplace
- Practice safe use of Cranes and safety procedures, e.g. policies, communication, decision making and hazard recognition
- Demonstrate effective material handling, lifting and placement, as well as Lifting Angles
- Use of and selection of proper slings and hardware
- Understand the dangers of unsafe rigging techniques
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Are interested in learning about the safe operation of a Crane in an industrial environment
Duration: 8 hours