(The instructor) was well informed, easy to talk to, and very, very helpful.
-Participant, Essential Computer Skills
Lift Truck (Forklift) (MOTV1230)
Learn about the safe operation of a Lift Truck in an industrial environment.
This course is designed to give students the knowledge and understanding in the safe operation of a Lift Truck pertinent to an industrial environment. Students will be introduced to operating, lifting and moving loads in a controlled and safe manner. This course will also provide students with the basic knowledge required to work safely in areas exposed to driving hazards, as well as operating around others. A review of legislative requirements, OHSA and CSA standards will also be discussed. The student will also be able to demonstrate an awareness of the purpose, function and basic concepts of propane cylinder exchange and battery changing and charging.
- Recognize and discuss the importance of due diligence requirements
- State the legal requirements concerning the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations including CSA standard 335-04 as they pertain to Lift Trucks
- Recognize the need for personal responsibilities in the workplace, and demonstrate the use of equipment appropriate to the work environment
- Describe responsibilities for conducting daily vehicle inspections and demonstrate safe practices in the workplace
- Practice safe driving and safety procedures, e.g. policies, communication, decision making and hazard recognition
- Demonstrate effective material handling, lifting and placement
- Demonstrate a safe Propane cylinder exchange
- Understand the dangers of handling an Electric vehicles power source
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Are interested in learning about the safe operation of a Lift Truck in an industrial environment
Duration: 12 hours