I would suggest she (the instructor) be retained for any future courses that she has time to teach. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience. The course was very interesting.
-Participant, Food Safety
Safety Requirements and Fall Arrest (OHS1200)
Learn safety awareness and skills training relevant to working in an industrial environment.
This course is designed to give students knowledge in various safety-related topics pertinent to an industrial environment. Students will be introduced to hoisting and rigging as a means of lifting and moving loads in a controlled and safe manner. This course will also provide students with the basic knowledge required to work safely in areas exposed to fall hazards and requiring ladder safety. Legislative requirements, due diligence considerations, WHMIS, and occupational health and safety requirements will be discussed as well. The student will also be able to demonstrate an awareness of the purpose, function and basic concepts of operation of Elevating (Aerial) Work Platforms (AWP).
- Discuss the importance of due diligence requirements
- State the legal requirements concerning the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations including Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Reg. 860
- Assess the need for personal protective equipment in the workplace, and demonstrate the use of equipment appropriate to the work environment
- Describe responsibilities for safe construction site practices in the workplace
- Demonstrate effective manual lifting techniques to avoid bodily injury
- Use effective fall arrest and prevention techniques
- Demonstrate safe hoisting and rigging techniques and practices
- Explain the basic function of an aerial work platform and other lifting devices
- Describe dangers inherent in the function of an Arial Work Platform and other lifting devices
- Apply basic ladder safety in the workplace
Attend This Workshop if You:
- Work in an industrial environment and require safety awareness and skills training
Duration: 30 hours